Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sunday Update...Warning: Semi Graphic Pictures



Warning: Semi graphic pictures in this posting

Let me start by saying, I debated for a while about whether or not to post this. They are obviously rather personal pictures, and a little blurry, and it’s kind of hard to see the bruising but I think they get the point across. I’m also posting them for more than one reason. 

The bruising is actually worse today (2nd picture) than it was yesterday when the first picture was taken, but the camera doesn’t pick up the “blackness” that well. Was going to try my actual camera instead of the camera on the phone, but not sure where it got put after New Orleans.
  
As of right now about 95% of my left breast is bruised in different shades. It is very painful and I’m thankful I now have pain meds that work. 

My throat feels better so that’s a plus. My head ache was gone this morning, until I had to pay the car bill which somehow my account has disappeared from the online world. (So I guess things are starting to get back to normal!)

However, back to the pictures.  I was told there would be extensive bruising, honestly I didn’t realize extensive would be almost my entire breast, part of my rib cage, and through my armpit even though they didn’t cut there as I was originally told they would. On the right side of my body I’m even bruised from the blood pressure cuff and of course the IV (IV’s I do generally bruise from, but the blood pressure cuff is a new bruise type for me – never had that one happen before!) I don’t think most people realize what the after effect is of this type of surgery, and part of my reason for doing this blog is to give others an idea of what it is like to go through this stuff. These pictures help to tell that story.

Finally, some of you may have seen what happened last night on my daughter’s Facebook page.  Many of you did not. Someone I have known, and considered a friend for about a decade flat out stated she thought I had actually made up having breast cancer. Honestly, I can’t imagine why anyone would make up having cancer. Nor can I imagine accusing anyone, much less someone you claim to have been friends with for 10 years, of making it up. So for those who were told that I made up having breast cancer, hopefully this is enough proof to ease your minds that no, there is no way in hell I would make something like that up. Cancer has been a major killer on both sides of my family, and it’s something I’ve always knows I would have to deal with someday. When we first learned about the results of my original mammogram, I announced it at a party at my house with my nearest and dearest. The person who accused me of making it up was there. When it was confirmed, I confirmed it with those same people in a Facebook group. I then announced it on my page and then at the request of some of friends, I started this blog as well. At no time during any of that, did that person come to me to ask me about it. At no time did that person express concern or anything else. Frankly she was still upset I didn’t offer to pay for her to go to New Orleans with us, and I was told more than once that I had hurt her feelings. Though it’s quite obvious mine were never a concern to her. Instead of asking me, rumors were spread that I made the whole thing up, which personally, I find sick and twisted. I know many of my friends are still friends with her, and I don’t have an issue with that, but I for one am done with the way she treats people. She actually stated that she found it amusing that I was trying to put this on her. Sorry, but out of everyone I told, only one person didn’t believe me. Only one person thought it appropriate to spread lies that I had lied about cancer. So no, that is not on me. At all. And that’s the last I’m going to say about that.

This picture then is what I looked like 48 hours after surgery.



And this is this morning. 

2 comments:

  1. It never ceases to amaze me the audacity some people have and their ability to hurt others without so much as a blink of the eye. I hope she is at least some day able to apologize with sincerity, even if you never speak to her again and I wouldn't she still needs to do that for her own sake of integrity.
    I am so so sorry you are in so much pain and I know it's gonna go on for a while. I think your showing the pictures and giving descriptions will help someone else not to be afraid if they go through the same thing. I applaud your courage.
    xoox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorin. I do hope that someday this can help someone else. I tried looking different things up before the surgery and I got diagrams that don't really show what happens. I like to know what I am in for, and granted my plan got changed on me while I was unconscious, but a little more real info would have been nice. And yes I was told that I didn't care how much I hurt her by not making her feel welcome to go to new orleans. To which I even did apologize for! I need to quit apologizing to people for things I have no control over. It wasn't my fault she was hurt, that's something with her. She sure didn't apologize to me for running around and telling people that I lied about having cancer! Sorry, if an open invitation that was good enough for everyone else wasn't good enough for her because it didn't come with a free ticket, well that's just insane. I was going for my birthday because of the cancer, not so I could spend all of my money. This was something I wanted to do in case things turn out not so good. With the way cancer has been in my family, not even a clean bill of health meant much for too long of a time. I love new orleans and wanted to make sure I got to go see it again while I knew I still could. Of course I'm still hopeful things do turn out fine, but I don't want to be saying, "I wish I had..." if they don't!

      Delete