Sunday, March 22, 2020

Finding another new "new normal"

I was just falling out of the routine of going to my old Barnes & Noble job, and starting my routine of "Hey, I'm a writer now", when the Corona Virus crap really hit the fan. Like most people, I was thrown for a loop. Unlike many people, I didn't have a job to get up and go to, to get me out of the house and away from hearing what I had known in my heart was coming for months now.

Change happens, no matter if we deny it, or try to stop it. It happens. And while I know that over the next several months, we will see several massive changes -we need to see so much more. Changes that fix our broken system so that it works not only in nationally emergencies, but in every person's private emergencies as well.

That being said, the changes that come about months and years from now are beginning to form now. They are ideas, thoughts and feelings, and they will be nurtured and grown over the coming days.

While those changes are progressing, we need to fall back on some of our good habits to help us feel a bit "normal"


One thing I am going to "renormalize" this week - getting my daily steps in. Stairs will wait another week to break my knees back in first!

I'm also "going back to work" tomorrow. This mess has made focus impossible, so instead I crawled into a few books and made progress on my Goodreads goal.

Tomorrow though I will be working on an article and a blog to be going along with the release of my book.

This release has not gone as planned obviously and I will just have to wait and see what happens with the tour. I imagine I will have to reschedule several book signings, but for now, just sitting back and letting nature take her course while I hide out in confinement.

I have not had contact with anyone but one friend who came by before Shelter in Place went into effect and my family for 12 days now. I did leave the house, but only to pick up and drop off the kids. I did not leave the car.

If my son goes back to work, I will have to run him back and forth, and hope he doesn't get exposed. At least having him home, I know how much the risk is cut down.

Since I won't be doing the launch party the way I had planned, I do have items I had planned to use as prizes that I will be giving out. I have several assignments to complete over the next few months, so as an incentive, each time I finish a project, I will do a give-away. That means tomorrow, I will go ahead and get back to work, and push to get something accomplished.

Feel free to send reminders that you are waiting. In other words, go ahead, bug me that free stuff would be great right about now, and I will work even faster!
How are you finding your way into your new normal?

No comments:

Post a Comment